This is a tough week. I’ve been involved with two banking trade shows for a long time: Swift’s Sibos and BAI’s Retail Delivery. They’re both great events, and I normally attend both, as they’re usually in different weeks. This year, for the first time in my memory, they’re in the same week! BAI reached out to me way back when and asked if I’d keynote. Me being me said yes – as if I’m vain! – and it was only after all was agreed that it came to light that it was in the same week as Sibos. C’est la vie!
So, in the spirit of supporting my friends in Singapore, I’m writing a brief blog to highlight the main event taking place right as I post this: The Future of Money Innotribe session, which, for the first time this year, takes center stage.
I’ve still been heavily involved in constructing this session, which I usually host with Uday from Anthemis. If you haven’t spotted it, the outline is:
Future of Money: A burning platform?
Monday 12 October
11:30 – 12:30
Conference room 2 – CR2
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies were central stage at Innotribe Sibos in 2014, and yet, bitcoin is only the tip of the disruption iceberg. Some 3B USD was invested in FinTech in 2014, and this figure is still growing. Thousands of startups are entering the financial service landscape and many banks have set up innovation labs, accelerators, incubators and investment funds. These innovations represent a shift that is real and here to stay. However, are we witnessing a burning platform for our industry?
This session will bring together some of the sharpest thought leaders on this radical transformation of our industry and will focus on major disruption themes such as the distributed ledger technologies, the disaggregation and uberization of banking services, the automation of credit, and the automated and biometric KYC onboarding.
Two host moderators will guide the audience through this exercise and ensure a deep interaction with the speakers in an exciting interactive format.
Note that we designed it in close collaboration with the Payments stream on digital disruption and the future payments landscape and further deep dives on the disruptions that will be highlighted here will be provided through the Payment stream during the Sibos week.
Since Sibos Toronto in 2011, the Innotribe ‘Future of Money’ is standing room only. This year, we move to the main conference room, so make sure you’re there early!
- Udayan Goyal, Co-Founder and Co-Managing Partner, Apis Partners
- Steve Ellis, EVP, Group Head Innovation Group, Wells Fargo
- Kevin Johnson, Innotribe Startup Challenge Manager, SWIFT
- Gottfried Leibbrandt, CEO, SWIFT
- Neal Cross, Chief Innovation Officer, DBS Bank
- Claire Calmejane, Director of Innovation, Lloyds Banking Group
- Leda Glyptis, Head of EMEA Innovation Centre, Bank of New York Mellon
- Anju Patwardhan, Global Chief Innovation Officer, Standard Chartered
- Julian Kyula, Founder and Group Chief Executive Officer, MODE
- Christopher Wasden, Executive Director, The Sorenson Center for Discovery & Innovation at the
- University of Utah
- Angus Scott, Head of Product Strategy and Innovation, Euroclear
- Christoph Rieche, CEO and Co-Founder, Iwoca
- Jojo Malolos, Managing Director for Asia, Cignifi
- Alexander Graubner-Mueller, Founder and CTO, Kreditech
Have a good time guys.
– This article is reproduced with kind permission. Some minor changes have been made to reflect BankNXT style considerations. You can read the original article here. Image: Copyright of SWIFT 2015